Looking for training in the home performance and building science fields? EverGreen Home Energy Consultants, Inc is a BPI Test Center and offers training courses including:
- BPI’s Building Science Principles – An entry level course that introduces the field of home performance covering heat transfer, airflow, moisture management, heating & cooling systems, and conservation strategies. This course is designed for those new to the field, for those preparing for the advanced classes, and for those who need knowledge but not the technical certifications.
- Next class: no courses currently scheduled
- BPI’s Building Analyst and Envelope Professional Certification Course – These are the professional certifications that many employers and utility programs are looking for the contractors to hold. Typical companies include insulation contractors, heating & cooling contractors, builders, energy auditors, and utility program staff.
- Next class: Begins August 5th in Peoria.
- Home Performance Training Series – These classes provide continuing education credits for those who are already BPI certified, and they are also a great primer for those who will be seeking BPI certification.
EverGreen’s own Todd Abercrombie is also an instructor at Illinois Central College teaching several courses in the Home Performance Technologies program that is housed in the Agriculture and Industrial Technologies department. See www.icc.edu for the current course catalog.
Are you a training provider looking for courses on specific subjects? Feel free to reach out to discuss the training needs for your constituents. We can build a training course to suit your needs!