Contractors who are working in homes today need to understand how the house works as a system. Homeowners and building occupants have common problems in homes today including high energy bills, rooms that don’t heat or cool properly, moisture problems (like condensation or mold), and even indoor air quality problems that can cause illness. There is a cause and effect nature of making changes to a home and can have unintended consequences in other areas. Changing just one part of the system may not be the best approach or even solve the root cause of the problem. BPI certified professionals receive training how to evaluate the house as a system in order to provide occupants with prioritized recommendations on the best approach to solve a problem that keeps energy efficiency, building durability, comfort, and occupant health in mind.
BPI Building Analyst & Envelope Professional Certification Course
EverGreen Home Energy Consultants is a BPI Test Center based in Peoria, IL but serves contractors throughout Illinois. Our exam preparation course is typically held over a 5 day period and includes such topics as:
- Energy audits
- Air sealing and insulation
- Thermal and pressure boundaries
- Moisture management
- Mechanical systems
- Ventilation and indoor air quality
- Combustion science
- Cost / benefit metrics and energy modeling
The hands-on training will include:
- Blower door testing
- Exhaust fan flow measurements
- Combustion safety testing (gas leaks, carbon monoxide, etc)
- Zone pressure diagnostics
- Pressure pan testing
Our next course is being held:
- Training week: COMING SOON! SIGN UP FOR OUR TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENTS EMAIL TO GET NOTIFIED WITH CLASSES ARE ANNOUNCED!
- Online exam (all students): will be Monday, TBD, from 8:00 AM to noon
- Field exams will be scheduled with the BPI Test Proctor for each individual student the week of TBD. Expect one 4-hour exam session for each student at a designated testing house.
Location: Illinois Central College, Peoria Campus, Hickory Hall, Room 106, 5407 N. University St, Peoria, IL 61614. Training & testing house locations are to be determined.
Cost: $2575.00 – includes the training, course materials, and one set of BPI exams for the 2 certifications Funds MAY be available for your employer to help pay for the training through CareerLink. Call Norm Griffin in the Peoria office at 309-321-0255 for more details.
Registration in 2 steps:
- To reserve a seat in the class, use the link here to complete the online registration form using Eventbrite.
- Check or credit card payment. Make checks payable to “EverGreen Home Energy Consultants, Inc” and mail to EverGreen Home Energy Consultants, 2813 W Westport Rd, Peoria, IL 61615. Credit card payments are only accepted through PayPal. Instructions for PayPal will appear on your Eventbrite order confirmation email when you complete the registration form.
For any questions, contact Todd Abercrombie at 309-253-2242 or email@example.com.