Contractors who are working in homes today need to understand how the house works as a system. Homeowners and building occupants have common problems in homes today including high energy bills, rooms that don’t heat or cool properly, moisture problems (like condensation or mold), and even indoor air quality problems that can cause illness. There is a cause and effect nature of making changes to a home and can have unintended consequences in other areas. Changing just one part of the system may not be the best approach or even solve the root cause of the problem. BPI certified professionals receive training how to evaluate the house as a system in order to provide occupants with prioritized recommendations on the best approach to solve a problem that keeps energy efficiency, building durability, comfort, and occupant health in mind.
BPI Building Analyst & Envelope Professional Certification Course
EverGreen Home Energy Consultants is a BPI Test Center based in Peoria, IL but serves contractors throughout Illinois. Our exam preparation course is typically held over a 5 day period and includes such topics as:
- Energy audits
- Air sealing and insulation
- Thermal and pressure boundaries
- Moisture management
- Mechanical systems
- Ventilation and indoor air quality
- Combustion science
- Cost / benefit metrics and energy modeling
The hands-on training will include:
- Blower door testing
- Exhaust fan flow measurements
- Combustion safety testing (gas leaks, carbon monoxide, etc)
- Zone pressure diagnostics
- Pressure pan testing
Our next course is being held:
- August 5th through August 9th at Illinois Central College in Peoria, IL. Registration information coming soon!
For any questions, contact Todd Abercrombie at 309-253-2242 or email@example.com.